This page contains links to resources: reports and articles, academic papers and events.
NEW:The Londinian Article September 2017
NEW: Basic Notes on AI
NEW Festival of Learning London June 2018 – for more information visit https://www.londonfestivallearning.com/home
The effectiveness of AI systems for assessment and tutoring
- Dodds, P., Fletcher, J.D.: Opportunities for new ‘smart’ learning environments enabled by next-generation web capabilities. Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia 13(4), 391–404 (2004)
- Kulik, C.-L., Kulik, J.A.: E↵ectiveness of computer-based instruction: an updated analysis. Computers in human behavior 7(1), 75–94 (1991)
- Durlach, P.J., Ray, J.M.: Designing adaptive instructional environments: Insights from empirical evidence. Army Research Institute Report (2011)
- Ritter, S., Anderson, J.R., Koedinger, K.R., Corbett, A.: Cognitive tutor: applied research in mathematics education. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review 14(2), 249–254 (2007)
- VanLehn, K.: The relative e↵ectiveness of human tutoring, intelligent tutoring systems, and other tutoring systems. Educational Psychology 46(4), 197–221 (2011)
Pearson Intelligence Unleashed FINAL
What the Research Says: The World Economic Forum Report 25 September 2015
- 21st Century Skills Adaptive Technologies for Learning
- Adaptive Technologies for Learning
- Boston Consulting Report Authors
- Open Data as Open Educational Resources
- Games Based Learning
- The Closed Loop Model
What the Research Says
Mobile Devices turn our World into a Learning Place
Nesta commissioned report: Decoding Learning – finds proof of technology supporting effective learning, emerging technologies that show promise of impact, and exciting teacher practice that displays the potential for effective digital education.
Learner Generated Contexts: a framework to support the effective use of technology to
Luckin, R. and Weatherby, K. (2012) OnLine Communities In Context International Journal of Web Based Communities 8(4), 440-454.
Underwood, J., Luckin, R. and Winters, N. (2012) Managing Resource Ecologies For Mobile Personal And Collaborative Self-directed Language Learning. Procedia-Social and Behavioral Sciences, 34, 226-229.
Luckin, R. and Clark, W. (2012) More Than A Game: The participatory Design of contextualised technology-rich learning expereinces with the ecology of resources. Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society, 7(3), 33-50.
Luckin, R., & Stanton Fraser, D. (2011) Augmented Reality: Limitless or pointless?: An Evaluation of Augmented Reality Technology in the School and Home. International Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning, 3 (5),510-524.
du Boulay, B., Avramides, K., Luckin, R. Martinez-Miron, E., Rebolledo-Mendez, G. & Harris, A. (2010) Towards Systems That Care: A Conceptual Framework based on Motivation, Metacognition and Affect. International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education, 20 (3), pp 197-229.
Lewin, C. and Luckin, R. (2010) Technology To Support Parental Engagement in elementary education: Lessons learned from the UK. Computers and Education 54 (3), 749-758.
Balaam, M., Luckin, R., Good, J. & Harris, H. (2009) Supporting Affective Comunication in the classroom with the Subtle Stone. International Journal of Learning Technology, 4 (3/4), 188 – 215.
Clark, W., Logan, K., Luckin, R., Mee, A. & Oliver, M. (2009. Beyond Web2: mapping the technology landscapes of young learners. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning. 25 (1), 56-69.
Luckin, R., Clark, W., Graber, R.,Logan, K., Mee, A., Oliver, M. (2009) Do Web2 Tools Really Open The Door To Learning: practices, perceptions and profiles of 11-16 year old learners? Learning Media and Technology, 34 (2), 87 – 104.
Smith, H., Underwood, J., Fitzpatrick, G., & Luckin, R. (2009). Classroom E-Science: Exposing the Work to Make it Work. Educational Technology & Society. 12 (3), 289–308.
What the Research Says:…
January 2013: iPads in the classroom
March 2013: The potential of big data and learning analytics
30 March 21012 Learning with Technology – What the Research says
27 April 2012 What the Research Says: Computing in schools
July 20th 2012:Using smart techniques
November 2012: Collaborative Learning About Technology
November 2012: Education Hackday
October 6, 2015 at 7:24 pm
[…] Resources […]
September 13, 2016 at 9:15 am
[…] Resources […]